Elixir Auto Sales - Curbstoner and a liar
Saw and ad on Craigslist in the for sale by owner listings called the guy up ("Joe") and asked if he still had it.He said he did and so I asked if there was any problems with the car.
He said none at all clean car he just needed to get rid of it. The next day I drove over with a friend of mine to take a look at it. When we get to the address listed it is a car dealership. Figure I will still take a look at this car I did drive to get to it after all.
So all of a sudden I'm no longer dealing with "Joe" but a dealer at the dealership who is his "buddy" and later would become a "partner". First thing I do is look in the car to find the hood latch and could tell right away that this car isn’t quite the one listed in the ad or had accrued more damage since the ad was posted. The instrument panel was water/humidity/oxidized damage that wasn’t listed or pictured in the ad. The guy said it had never been in an accident and that was a bunch of bull as this isn’t the trunk lid that came with the car and under the hood had been pressure washed so who know what else is wrong with this car.
When I decided to walk “Joe” and the other dealer (can’t remember the slime balls name) were rude and unprofessional.By the way acting as a private seller and being a dealer is quite illegal and is called Curb stoning
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Curbstoning lying flase ads
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- A fine and possibly jail time for illegal activity
- Product or service
- 2007 Ford Focus
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Freedom Boat Club Myrtle Beach is a scam they target elderly people because they say they are "easier to get money out of and they never use the boats because..."
- "Run, DON’T Walk from Lorenzo Bomnin Chevrolet! I Personally CAN NOT stress enough for you to stay away from this dishonest dealership! I have purchased at least 8-10 vehicles directly off the..."
- "We have had RV for 141 days. Dealer has had it in service 38 of those days and it is still in the shop. Closed vent blew off..."
- "The first picture is where they said I moved to the second picture is when they realized I knew they were lying..."
- "Rented a car for seven days at Payless rental car at the Jacksonville international airport...the amount was supposed to be 150.43. They charged me 150.43 two times, once on August..."
- "The older lady in the normandy blv. Store in jacksonville butchered my hair so bad that i had to get a pixi cut . i wanted a angled bob... This..."
- "In short I have had a pair of lucky jeans for over ten years still my favorite. Baught 3 new pairs 3 months ago and they fell apart. old tag..."
- "We purchased a new zero water pitcher and filled once a day for 24 straight days using for our coffee. The 25th day i poured a glass of water..."
- "they added V.O.D. and extra 50 on internet and more for same phone plus the installation charges. The best way to get this fixed is call the FCC and write..."